Monday, May 28, 2012

May 29th

Only a few weeks left till the end of school, lets start our final project! Click here for step by step instructions, and remember, these artworks that you create will have elements found in the artist of your choice, this is not copying their work. I want you to find characteristics/similarities with your artist and incorporate a few of them into your own work. So in the end you will have created artwork inspired by their pieces!

My Alex Katz report:
From May 28, 2012
My Alex Katz inspired painting:

From May 28, 2012
I noticed things about Alex Katz work. The subject matter were generally people (friends and family or his wife Ada). I couldn't see his brush strokes, things seemed realistic but simplified (no photo-realism), generally large scaled paintings, and use of color (explained in powerpoint). I tried to incorporate them into my painting of my brother! (see powerpoint for breakdown)

Also keep in mind, if you picked an artist who paints but you want to draw you can! pick out elements of your artists work that you do want to incorporate (subject matter, meaning, brushstrokes/pencil marking etc...) Have fun with this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment